Sunday, 14 November 2010

My Perfume Challenge: 1. Finding the Equipment

When we were little we used to make scent. We gathered petals, poured liquid over them, stirred well and left them in the corner of the garden to 'turn into scent'. They fermented, usually not nicely, in the sun and my father with his customary good humour recruited himself to dispose of the resulting dark slime. I do remember however the choosing process, savoring the nicest scented herb and geranium leaves, gathering velvet crimson rose petals and spicy pinks.

This time I decided the proper equipment for the process should come first.
The first port of call was Johnny Night's alchemical emporium on Amethyst Isle. Here were the scales, bottles and books of recipes. It was tempting to set up from scratch but sculpty tubing at skidz Tweak's has so far proved a little beyond my current creative building abilities (pictures later; much later when I can laugh at them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment